Research has shown that online grief support sites help grieving individuals. Still, there are times when it is wise to seek one-on-one counseling. If any of the following apply to you or your loved ones after the first month (post-loss), take action.
- You are having trouble functioning on a daily basis.
- You view life as hopeless.
- You can’t get out of bed in the morning.
- You reject all invitations.
- You don’t leave the house unless it’s an emergency.
- You overeat, over-drink, or abuse prescription drugs.
- You have panic attacks on a regular basis.
- You don’t sleep for days on end.
- Your children are acting out, getting poor grades, or not talking to you.